At the end of the day, Reno is a mountain town, and West Southwest Reno delivers that mountain town feel with its mature trees (both native and planted), winding streets and breathtaking views of Downtown, greater Reno, Peavine Mountain and Truckee meadows and river valley. Located in the Sierra Nevada foothills bordering Toiyabe National Forrest to the west and McCarran Blvd to the east, West Southwest Reno includes:
- Caughlin Ranch — at 2300 acres, this diverse HOA community is the majority of the area. Enjoy the expansive views, native trees, babbling creeks and tranquil ponds on the 17 miles of hiking and biking trails.
- Juniper Hills — large estates on rolling hills in an agricultural setting. You’ll see horses, llamas and other domesticated animals grazing green pastures in this neighborhood on the north side of Mayberry Drive.
- Mayberry Park — this small neighborhood between Mayberry Drive and the Truckee River is known throughout the city for it’s ranch homes on large flat half-acre lots.
Places to know about in West Southwest Reno
- Caughlin Ranch Elementary School
- Gomm Elementary School
- Verdi Elementary School
- Billinghurst Middle School
- Swope Middle School
- McQueen High School
- Reno High School